LABORATORIES AND HOSPITAL HYGIENE UNIT
Hôpital Sainte Musse
Lead Consultant: Dr Eric JULLIAN
- Dr CHAPEL Françoise
- Dr CHOUKEIR Nistrine
- Dr DUCHAMP-DOMINE MariE
- Dr GUDIN DE VALLERIN Amélie
- Dr JARNET Catherine
- Dr JOURDAN-SOULIER Florence
- Dr NEMETH Judith
- Dr SAFFAF Halal
Anatomo-pathology – Consultations, inpatient and outpatient care
Sainte Musse: 04 94 14 59 55
The anatomy and pathologic cytology unit receives samples from patients of all the services of the C.H.I.T.S. and the CH (Centre Hospitalier) of Brignoles.
The department's medical pathologist makes the diagnosis of numerous pathologies : infectious and inflammatory, but also tumoural pathologies where he is at the basis of the diagnosis but also of the prognosis and he/she determines the effectiveness of the targeted treatments.
He/she also participates in the prenvention, screening and diagnosis of numerous diseases.
16,300 examinations by year and 100 foetopathology examinations.
- Operating rooms
- Classical biopsies but also by endoscopy under endoscopic unltrasound (pancreas), or under CT scan, or in the context of breast pathology (mammotoma)
- Extemporaneous biopsies, at the operation theatres of the Hôpitaux Font-Pré and George Sand
- Immuno-fluorescence techniques (cutaneous pathology) and immunohistochemistry.
- Cervico-uterine screening smears
- Puncture fluids cytology
- Cyto-punction of superficial organs (thyroid, breast), or deep organs (under ultrasound or CT scan).